FocusedMuscularTension.com

@LionquestFitness - strength - confidence - health

The Forum

Forum Home > Body-weight and Self Resistance Exercise > What's Your Favorite Type

Michael
Administrator

Here's a question or two for You guys. What was in the past Your favorite Type of exercise? What is Your favorite Type of exercise now? Why is this Your favorite Type of exercise now?

--

You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you,

because he trusts in you. Isaiah 26:3

August 11, 2017 at 9:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Prowler

In the past I loved my Kettle bell training. But the heavy work I don't believe is good for the body long term. Plus with my niggles I'm happy put health first. 

This might not be surprising considering all the positive posts I have written on the subject matter but now,Isometrics. 

I can get a fairly intense 10-20 min workout any place, any time, most and it's pretty easy on the joints. 

Im not really concerned by being muscular these days just functionally strong and keeping body fat respectable are my main goals. 

For conditioning 500- 1000 Jumping Jacks every other day. Gets my heart pounding and easy on the joints. 

Once I get a bob to practice my striking for a few rounds on I think I'll have a perfectly complete regime to fit my goals and lifestyle. 

August 12, 2017 at 1:01 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Lionquest1
Site Owner

LOL - that's a loaded question. There are two answers. At a light bodyweight in my twenties, I really liked doing martial arts katas and speedbag work. At a heavier weight in my late thirties, I liked the challenge of doing 20 rep squats with a cambered bar. These days I prefer self resistance exercise with some bodyweight exercise. Also, any self defense training I do has to be practical.

--

August 12, 2017 at 7:42 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Michael
Administrator
Lol, Prowler I knew your answer before you wrote it. Very good way to go about it. Greg honestly I can't really say a favorite. But if I did I would say the same as you, calisthenics and self resistance. I like just about every kind of exercise type. I personally feel that any type can be used if you have a well thought out plan and you are sensible about your approach. Even if one was to use KBs or weights it can be done long term. Just my opinion but I don't think it has to be one or the other. But for me liking all exercise could be good or bad depending on the person.
--

You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you,

because he trusts in you. Isaiah 26:3

August 12, 2017 at 9:51 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.