FocusedMuscularTension.com

@LionquestFitness - strength - confidence - health

The Forum

Forum Home > Body-weight and Self Resistance Exercise > Bodybuilder dies after backflip

Michael
Administrator
I know this is a bodyweight forum. But I seen some people around the internet call this guy fat and say what he did was stupidity. They should be a shame of themselves. My Prayers go out to the family and friends. https://www.google.com/amp/nypost.com/2017/08/11/bodybuilder-dies-after-botched-backflip-attempt/amp/
--

You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you,

because he trusts in you. Isaiah 26:3

August 11, 2017 at 11:32 AM Flag Quote & Reply

CW
Poor guy was just trying to entertain and miscalculated. Very sad.
--

August 11, 2017 at 1:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Michael
Administrator
Exactly CW.
--

August 11, 2017 at 2:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CountryBoy

Michael

It is possible that whoever called that guy stupid, has also done just as stupid things in their younger years...and bragged about it later, without realizing that they got away with it , only by the grace of God.

I don't have to think very far back to remember some of my own stupidity.

Anyone who speaks that way , and calls themself a Christian, undermines the very faith they profess to have.

I've said enough...but some things just need to be said.

August 11, 2017 at 3:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Lionquest1
Site Owner

I shake my head. This was tragic. It was probably something the guy had done hundreds of times before, and all he was doing was trying to be entertaining. As far as being fat, that guy was in very good competitive shape as far as bodybuilding goes and looked like a black Tom Platz. May he rest in peace.

--

August 11, 2017 at 4:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Michael
Administrator

Greg Your probably right. The guy has probably done this a hundred times before. From what I seen in the article he was in the 165 lb weight class so not sure how that's fat. I could be wrong about the weight class. I feel for the family.

--

August 11, 2017 at 4:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Lionquest1
Site Owner

Well, I agree with Country Boy. I've seen this before. I had an idea where the criticism came from and Michael confirmed it. You can call people reprobates, but then you turn around and do something just as reprehensible that makes you the opposite side of the same coin. I am not taking the high ground here. I've done my share of reprehensible stuff, but one of the reasons I'm here and not elsewhere is because of that hypocritical righteous indignation.

--

August 11, 2017 at 5:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

stickman4

CountryBoy at August 11, 2017 at 3:56 PM

Michael

It is possible that whoever called that guy stupid, has also done just as stupid things in their younger years...and bragged about it later, without realizing that they got away with it , only by the grace of God.

I don't have to think very far back to remember some of my own stupidity.

Anyone who speaks that way , and calls themself a Christian, undermines the very faith they profess to have.

I've said enough...but some things just need to be said.

What Countryboy said.

August 11, 2017 at 6:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Michael
Administrator

Agree CB, Greg, and Stickman. One thing I'll say is as  older adults that know better  no one should ever use or Prey on someone else's misery. 

--

August 11, 2017 at 6:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Lionquest1
Site Owner

Michael sent me a copy of the post. Sometimes you cross a line that shouldn't be crossed. I'd say that one did, and I'll leave it at that.

--

August 11, 2017 at 8:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CountryBoy

no one should ever use or Prey on someone else's misery.

You are absolutely right, Michael...and isn't it easy to "pile on" , in order to boost our ego?

August 11, 2017 at 8:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.