Hanging Straight Leg Raise 3x8

Handstand against the wall 2x30 seconds

Lower Body Day 2 & 5

Squat 2x30

Assisted One Leg Squat 3x10 each leg

One Leg Bodyweight Deadlift 2x15 each leg

Bulgarian Split Squat 3x12 each leg

One Leg Hip Bridge 2x8 each leg

A couple of notes on this. I do an upper body workout the first day then the second day a lower body workout. The next day is a rest and then the workouts are repeated. So each workout is done twice a week.I do each set of each exercise first before I go on to the next. Between each set I rest 1 minute.When I'm done with the upper body workout I use some light dumbells for Front, Side and Bent lateral with some tension. I just do one set of each for 12 to 15 reps. This is just to keep some endurance in my shoulders.

Lower body days I do Kettlebell swings. I wave the load and reps. The rep wave I use is 70, 80 and 90. So each week I change the reps. This is just to keep my endurance up and to keep my back able to handle heavy stuff.

I have three off days but I do active rest. Two days I do this routine plus jump rope for a few minutes. 

3 to 5 sets of each

Planks 1 minute

Side Planks 30 seconds

Hip Bridge 30 seconds

Prone Cobra 30 seconds

On this routine I have noticed mostly strength gains. Not much change in size but that's not my objective. The lower body routine has my knees feeling pretty good. 

--

You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you,

because he trusts in you. Isaiah 26:3

August 10, 2017 at 6:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Bob50

Michael,

Your calisthenics routine is a really very, very hard workout. I do not think that someone at our forum could repeat this routine. I am certainly not! Maybe forty years ago, I would try, but I am not sure that I could. If after this hard workout, you can actively work for whole day, it is amazing. You are really STRONG MAN. I can only say – keep going if it woks for you!

--

Listen to your body, feel your body, drive your body.

August 12, 2017 at 10:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Michael
Administrator
Bob appreciate the kind words. But this routine is not really that hard. There are plenty of guys that can do way harder routines than I. Also I plan my routines around my work. Any leg work would effect my tree work that now I only do on Saturdays. So my leg work is done on Monday and Thursday. Upper body workouts never effected my work. If I feel tired I will skip a workout if need be but that's rare occasion.
--

You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you,

because he trusts in you. Isaiah 26:3

August 13, 2017 at 6:06 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.