FocusedMuscularTension.com

@LionquestFitness - strength - confidence - health

The Forum

Forum Home > Body-weight and Self Resistance Exercise > Beginner Recommendation

Michael
Administrator
Let's have a little fun. If a beginner ask you some questions let's see how you would respond. How would you tell them to start working out like you do? Also, how would you tell them to progress?
--

You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you,

because he trusts in you. Isaiah 26:3

June 18, 2017 at 9:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Prowler

The eight exercises of the Atlas Perceptual lesson. Not everyday maybe every other day or three days a week, building up to 100 good reps in each exercises. 

i think it's a strong newbie fullbody workout that requires no equipment part from two cchairs if you want do the Atlas push-ups. 

June 20, 2017 at 3:14 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Bob50

Good explanation   https://youtu.be/9lhwYt4JLVc

--

Listen to your body, feel your body, drive your body.

June 20, 2017 at 3:43 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Lionquest1
Site Owner

Prowler's advice is good. Also to stick with sets and not to worry about numbers. Tension on the muscle and good form beats high repetitions any day. Chasing numbers is like chasing heavier and heavier weight. The end result doesn't always justify the means.

--

June 20, 2017 at 6:31 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Prowler

I just said 100 reps to give a newbie a working frame of something to maybe get to. As a newbie might need some quantifying of the variables as a beginner . But numbers aren't important as the tension and focus on quality reps completely agree Greg. 

So many variables with Bodyweight exercises. Leverage, mechanics, Push-ups for a 210 pound man like me are lot more demanding than for 160 pound man. 

June 20, 2017 at 6:38 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Michael
Administrator
I agree about the tension and reps. Bob good video. DVRs, VRT or whatever you want to call is a great idea.
--

You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you,

because he trusts in you. Isaiah 26:3

June 20, 2017 at 12:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.